26 July 2011

My Darling One: Four Years


In as much as I imagine Michael's long suffering sigh as (yet again) the volume goes up when Depeche Mode, The Cult or Amy Winehouse comes on, I also hear his little clucky noise as (yet again) I serve something that isn't beef, chicken or pork. I giggle when I remember his enthusiasm at wonderful things and I smile when I think of how strong and comforting his arms were when I needed them most.

But I know he's not here. I won't hear him trundle down the stairs, I won't find him snoozing on the couch, and I won't catch him snooping in the kitchen, hoping to figure out what it is I'm planning to serve us for supper.

Four years on. It doesn't get easier. It just gets less difficult.






cheers!jasmineI'm a quill for hire!

3 comments:

Mikaela Cowles said...

My thoughts are with you. My heart aches for yours. May it continue to get "less hard."

Jerry said...

It will never get easier, dear. It will become less wrenching though. My wish for you is that it eventually becomes a happy, warming memory.

canadian cuisine expert said...

My heart is on to you ms Jasmine. I know in God's time you can overcome the pain and suffering of losing an important person in your life.