13 May 2009

Two bits of sweetness

Sweetness Number One:

Do you ever notice how some people go quietly go about, pasting the universe together, ensuring the Milky Way doesn't spring a leak and stardust doesn't collect in the corners?

These are the people who keep things going as tickety boo as possible, usually without fanfare, often without thanks.

One of my colleagues is a wonderful person with a great sense of humour who just coordinated a successful, huge and amazing project. She's a great person and we are so very lucky to have her with us.

I racked my brain to find a fitting "hurrah for you" acknowledgement--well, beyond saying "hurrah for you"...and then I thought of it.

Cupcakes.

Cupcakes baked by our darling Cream Puff.

For those of you who don't know, Ivonne started her own little baking business sometime last year (email creampuffsinvenice at gmail dot com, if you're interested in hiring her), so I asked her to bake my friend something wonderful and Spring-like.

Ivonne never disappoints and made these lovely raspberry-rosewater cupcakes, all pretty in pink, to be delivered in the morning. I'm sure my colleague will love them.

Sweetness Number Two:

Back in March I told you of a different colleague and her quest to help her brother-in -aw win an engagement ring for his girlfriend.

Unfortunately he didn't win (he came in third). But that didn't stop the proposal...in the manner he described. I'd passed on the message that my readers wanted to see pictures from the proposal, in exchange for voting for him in the contest.

So, for those of you who wanted to see a giant chicken in a swanky restaurant, here you go:


cheers!
jasmine

What I'm reading:
The Children's Book by A.S Byatt

3 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Living should always be fun; I can't think of a better way to be a "chicken"!

But, of course the cupcakes will be marvi too!

Elyse said...

Oh man, that proposal is hysterical! I'm only sorry that he didn't win the engagement ring. Oh, and the cupcakes look fabulous. They definitely shout "hurrah for you"! Sorry that I've been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

creampuff said...

Oh! You are the darling one among us. thank you for thinking of me. It was a pleasure all around!