07 June 2007

Salad Stravaganza: A leafy lunch

Okay I'm early.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay early.

Can we chalk it up to enthusiasm? How about utter embarrassment about emailing foodbloggy event coordinators about their fabulous events and then not actually cooking the required dishes because life got away from me? What about the promise of a round-up on Canada Day? How about a little bit of all the above?

Yeah, I'll settle for that.

Okay...the real reason is that this month is super busy and if I don't post this *now* I may not get around to it later (Yup! Another class!)

Tired of the same-old, same-old salad, Lis and Kelly want some leafy lolligagging, some gorgeous greens and some super starters-cum-suppers. My dears, I am more than happy to help out!

Truth be told, my contribution is my take on a favourite salad served in a local restaurant. I love the combination of textures--crunchy veggies, buttery nuts, juicy, sweet grapes that explode when you bite into them and just a bit of chickenny goodness kissed with a splash of raspberry vinaigrette.

It's also a good way of using up a rather meager amount of leftover roast or grilled chicken in a more interesting way than glomming it with salad dressing and other bits and bobs to fill it out...

I'm not giving quantities, because well, it's a salad and that's a rather silly thing to do...Just add as much as you want of each ingredient, just ensure they are fresh and taste good to you.

The Tropical
Salad leaves (as complicated or familiar as you wish)
Seedless grapes
Almond flakes
Bell pepper
Red onion
Cooked chicken (shredded, if possible)
Raspberry vinaigrette

cheers!
jasmine

tags:

add this page to del.icio.us Digg!

6 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds good to me! I agree that salad is a great way to use up leftover chicken.

Truffle said...

Sounds like this would make an absolutely delicious fuss-free lunch. You can never have too many salad recipes. Thanks so much for sharing!

Blue Plate said...

i've being doing to the salad thing, too, lately. i'll think of tossing grapes in my next one. thanks for the tip. your salad looks lovely.

Lis said...

My favorite way of using up left-over chicken too, J. Love the raspberry vinaigrette too - Yum!

Thanks so much sweetie.. I am gratefully adding it to the list. =)

xoxo

Helene said...

Looks very tasty. That's my kind of salad when I am alone for dinner.

jasmine said...

Hello all

Thanks for your kind words--it's a great salad for a light meal...

j